Monday, February 1, 2010

Recommendation for Shurd C. Rice

SUBJECT: Letter of Recommendation for Shurd C. Rice

1. Shurd Rice was one of the best soldiers and Maintenance Test Pilots that I have ever worked with and should be successful in any of his future endeavors. Please select Mr. Rice for this position at your earliest opportunity. I had been his commander through two difficult combat tours and I found Mr. Rice to be able to maintain a high level of motivation and discipline. His numerous citations should attest to his excellent aviation work through this difficult period.

2. In Afghanistan and Hawaii, I flew many times with Shurd, including combat, logistics, and fire fighting operations. I find him to be a very conscientious, aware, and intelligent pilot. In Iraq, I witnessed Shurd successfully and safely land a crippled Blackhawk; a feat which lesser pilots would not have been able to do.

3. As an MTP in Iraq, Shurd single-handedly ran the maintenance program for his company. Normally a two-man job, with the illness of his partner, Shurd worked ceaselessly for twelve hours a day, six to seven days a week for six months. Shurd Rice received a Bronze Star for his efforts.

4. Mr. Rice has been an asset to my Company, my Battalion, and the Army as a whole. While it was difficult to let him go, I sincerely hope that you will select Mr. Rice and see what I mean.

5. The point of contact is the undersigned at 808-722-4799.


RENE M. DE LA FUENTE
Captain, AV
US Army

No comments:

Post a Comment